Wednesday, September 06, 2006

come fly with me

I wonder how many countries Yong Joon have gone to? As far as I know, he has been to a number of Asian countries, in North America, in Guam, in Australia, & in France...hmm, not sure if he has gone somewhere else that the media and his fans were not aware of. If time will allow it, I'm sure Yong Joon probably wants to visit & explore a whole lot more of new places! Even though he is so busy as an actor and as a businessman, I do hope he'll find the chance in the future to just pack up his bags and fly to wherever he wants to explore & enjoy himself big time :) It would be nice to see him looking relaxed, refreshed, carefree and having a blast...


One of my dreams in life is to go to those far out places that we normally see only on tv & magazines or in the annual travel fair I usually frequent in one of the malls in Manila ^^ But I guess for now, this will have to remain a dream coz I still have lots and lots and lots of savings to do to even at least visit one of my fave countries! I'm very much under time & fund constraints at this point in time to just drop about everything when the travel bug hits me so these future travel plans would have to take a back seat for awhile plus the fact that these grand dream of mine definitely involves some major meticulous planning & strategizing especially if I intend to make my travel plans involve some serious backdoor routes in addition to the usual trekking on touristy areas :D

So in the meantime, one of fave tv shows, Globe Trekker (also called Pilot Guides or Lonely Planet before) keeps me in good company in my imaginay travel adventures and I do enjoy this show so much !! This series was inspired by the Lonely Planet travelbooks and it's being broadcast in over 40 countries! Globe Trekker actually offers a lot of inside information especially for budget tourists on where to stay, eat, shop and mingle with the locals w/o spending so much yet experience an authentic taste of the local culture and traditions of different countries. It's also fun to watch the sometimes wacky, sometimes awkward experiences of the travelers w/c I think a lot of the scenes in the show are unrehearsed yet it retains this feel of fun and excitement, and I like the idea of going places backpacker style :p

Among the many travelers of Globe Trekker, I like the most are the charming & entertaining Megan McCormick and the show's resident lunatic, the very funny Ian Wright , these guys are two of my favorite travel 'companions' ;)


Actually, I was able to go abroad a few times but these were mostly as a traveling companion to my mother dearest, thus, I didn't have that much chance to explore by myself and see some interesting places off the beaten path ^^ Let's see now...where would I really like to go when I'll eventually have that chance to travel my own way ?? Of course, there will always be one of my favorites, the dynamic South Korea, land of the morning calm and one gorgeous guy ♥ ♥

But there are three more places that I would love love to see, explore and experience their unique sights and sounds....Jordan, China and Greece.

Where in mysterious Jordan would i like to go? None other than the ancient cliff city of Petra (it means "city of rock" in Greek) w/c is about a 3-hour drive south of Amman. The one place I would love to see in Petra is "Khaznet Firaoun", a temple also known as the "Treasury of the Pharaohs". These ancient structures are carved out of the walls of rose-colored sandstone cliff, amazing isn't it? It was named the 'Treasury' coz at the top of the enormous structure is a carved, stone object that looks like an urn. According to legend, the urn contains treasure. chips on the inaccessible urn are the results of unsuccessful attempts to break it with bullets and stones. The 'Treasury' also got more publicity in the outside world coz some scenes of the movie "The Last Crusade" of Indiana Jones aka Harrison Ford were shot there.


My next stop will be the dreamlike picturesque city of Guilin, situated in the northeast of the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region of the People's Republic of China. My main course in Guilin will be to savor its spectacular & surreal misty limestone mountains that are lined along every twist and turn of the beautiful Li River . Ever since I saw a picture of the Guilin mountains in one travel magazine, I fell in love with its mystical and magical look & I told myself that I will find a way to visit that place someday! Guilin's lush landscaping is unique both to China and to the rest of the world and not surprisingly, it was said that Guilin has become an inspiration to Chinese poets and artists throughout the centuries.


And my final pitstop which also happens to be my dream honeymoon getaway *blush* is the captivating & very romantic Santorini Island in Greece ^^ This favorite tourist destination w/c is around 40 minute-flight from Athens, offers breathless views of dizzying red and black cliffs and dazzling villages dotted with white cube houses and blue domed churches. This island is all that remains of a cataclysmic volcanic eruption the occurred around 1640 BC, and my gosh, that explosive wonder of mother nature did a magnificent brush of stroke in Santorini. This volcanic island is even being touted to have the best sunset in the world!! To be considered as one of the most spectacular landscapes in the world would translate to a few things...high priced hotels, expensive cafes, trendy shops and swarm of tourists willing to spend. But an opportunity to experience the beauty and charm of Santorini is something I would not want to miss in this lifetime!


If it's not asking too much, it would be blissfully heaven-like to see (equals to ogle !!) Yong Joon lounging in the poolside in one of Santorini's cozy & dreamy hotels....@@

8 Comments:

Anonymous jaime said...

wow dear frances,

thanks for being such a diligent travel guide. The places that you pointed out are spectacular! But at this age, I love lounging around and relax in the beautiful sunshine of Santorini the most!
With any luck, maybe Yong Joon will be lying around in his tight tight swimming trunk ~@@~ on the lounge chaise next to me!

btw, if he kindly asks me if I can help him to put on some sun tanning oil, I don't think I will refuse! haha, dream on ....

7:24 AM  
Blogger bb said...

haha... tight tight swimming trunks huh, jaime?

lovely post, this one, frances. me love to travel too. if only i'm like half as rich as paris hilton... instead of splurging on designer wear, i want to see the world. really see the world :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger frances said...

jaime, i wont mind sharing my chaise lounge w/ him while putting on some lotion on his back & chest....**me batting my eyelashes & looking innocent**

9:30 AM  
Blogger frances said...

hey bb,
actually i'm like a virtual traveler ^^ i like watching and reading travel reports and it kind of got stuck in my head & it feels like i've been to that place, but of course, nothing beats the real thing.

girls like paris hilton have all the luck!! and she sings too *rolling eyes*

9:38 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

If I had the means, I would love to travel too and spend a month in one country to experience the local culture and not the usual tourist guided tours. S. Korea is on the top of my list, I love to return to Israel and explore more of Germany. I also dream of making a culinary tour of Italy and walk the small streets of Vienna in the morning and riding in a Gondola in the late afternoon ~ sigh ~

7:27 PM  
Blogger bb said...

and it's a dream of mine to stay in a little place somewhere in the UK for a month. just reading, drinking tea, and doing absolutely nothing at all.

and then another month in san francisco, a place i've always loved.

and then... hehe, maybe a year in korea :p

10:54 PM  
Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Hi Frances
Thanks for this great post, for me Korea is still the place I dream to go.

11:16 PM  
Blogger rahulv said...

Honeymoon Hotels in North America

North America is the most prosperous continent in the world. The countries in North America include USA, Canada and Mexico. The continent has bustling cities, laidback towns, ranches, mountains, canyons and beaches that make it an ideal honeymoon destination. You can find Honeymoon Hotels in North America in the most romantic North America destinations. If you like something off the beaten track, Honeymoon Hotels in North America housed in ranches and cottages will delight you. Travour.com helps you find detailed information on the honeymoon hotels in North America

Read More

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>