Wednesday, May 03, 2006

calling Dr. Phil....

There must be something wrong with me. Why is it that the current “it” guys of Korean entertainment just don’t appeal to me at all ? The likes of bi, lee jun ki, hyun bin etc. just don’t make any impression to me. They are the current favorites in soompi, a fan site for Korean pop culture. They got the highest number of visits, ladies go crazy on them, even some byj fans got hooked on these guys *wink*, but alas, these actors just dont stir me at all.

Ok, confession time….I’ve already mentioned this before in the byj thread in soompi and I’m saying it again. I’m not actually a big fan of Korean dramas and films. Don’t get me wrong, I like watching Korean dramas and films before….before Bae Yong Joon……. ???? Oh yes, after getting hooked on yong joon, I simply lost interest in other Korean dramas and films that does not feature yong joon. Crazy, weird and pathetic but true. I tried my very best to watch the “it” dramas like goong, my girl, & even kim sam soon and…nothing. It just does not have that excited feeling of anticipation for the next episode. What’s wrong with me ?? Well, probably, its also part of my personality. I’m this kind of girl that once I get hooked on someone, I totally devote my attention to this person and it will really take a long time and a major reason before I lose interest.

Sometimes, I also wish that I have this capacity to explore other areas…read > ‘korean hunks’ coz I think this will somehow help ease my never ending restlessness in waiting for the next appearance of yong joon. But believe it or not, I would rather sit in front of my pc, surf the various bae sites & even the sites on languages I don’t understand, tried to make friends with a fish named babel in order to at least get an idea on what the byj fans are saying, and go around the net on byj related stuff. As I’ve said, I’m totally pathetic.

Girls my age normally runs after the younger actors. They normally go from one actor to another, depending on who is the current flavor of the month. This is supposed to be a fun filled internet celebrity chasing experience where one gets to see loads of vods and pictures of cuter, younger, more daring and more fashion forward celebrities. I should be part of that pack !!! But no, here I am , I prefer to just wait for HIM to make his rare public appearances, would rather read and reread all those wonderful articles that gives us a hint about the inner beauty of this person , would rather go gaga over those gorgeous fan writings and artworks, would rather watch over and over again the recent and not too recent vods. Would rather blog my byj thoughts. Waahhh !! this is becoming quite alarming !! I’m beginning to sound like a hopeless neurotic case !! will I ever be cured of this craziness ? Or on the other hand, would I ever want to get cured of this craziness ?

Crazy or not, All the wonderful things that I learned about yong joon has so far shown me he deserves my total attention. His simple, kind and warm gestures brought me much closer to him and I think I will find it so very difficult to wander... As if I want to....

16 Comments:

Blogger Toujours_BYJ said...

Frances, Frances, I thought I was the one but now I feel relieved to read your post, because I feel the same way. I totally lost interest in others dramas and others actors now, all I love to do is to sit in front of my PC and surf on the net to find anything related to him.
Thank you for blogging about this, I'm not crazy as I think I'm.

3:45 AM  
Blogger bb said...

me too me too... i do watch other k-dramas but none of them held the same magic as yong joon's works. i'll be honest, i usually don't even finish watching those till the end. and... i've got 10+ disc sets bought since last year that i haven't even watched. funny, i'd much rather re-watch yong joon's stuff, you know...

yea... i heard so much about kim sam soon, so i watched it sometime back. although it was not bad, i didn't stay up the whole night just to watch it... i could even blog as the disc played away on my tv.

your blog name says it all,
only yong joon

6:47 AM  
Blogger frances said...

hi camille,
its nice to know that i have great company in this byj craziness !!
what can i say? all others just paled in comparison...

8:57 AM  
Blogger frances said...

hey bb,
same here !! i'll start watching a kr drama and after 4 episodes, i just can't continue on. however i try, i just can't. then, i'll bring out the dvds of one of HIS dramas or films and my day is complete.

9:03 AM  
Anonymous jaime said...

Hi Frances,

You expressed our devotion to BYJ so well. I guess that's why we are called sisters in the BYJ family. We think and act alike. I have other K-dramas in my possesion that I even want to give away cause I only want to display BYJ's works in my cabinet.

I think we should all go on Dr. Phil and ask for his help! You think he understands how much effect Yongjoon has on us?

11:44 AM  
Blogger byjglobal said...

frances: I thought it was me who wrote your blog. It is exactly the feeling I have. I am extremely selfish YJ fan. I don't want to see/hear anybody else and all others seem abominable to me and make my head turn away. I don't give a damn whatever happens to others and I just do not read or listen or watch other thing. My nephew installed "goong" in my PC, but I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes and I erased it. I am too busy to watch any other things even I have all the time in the world to browse around hours and hours for Jong Joon site to see a little thread of news or his photos even if it is old one. I have all of his dramas including MV. I watched each one more than you can ever imagine. But I like the way I am now and I don't need Dr. Phil.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous jaime said...

oh btw, happy belated birthday frances! I saw liezle's post in soompi but (being technically challenged) I cannot make any reply there using the 'quote' or 'reply' button. So I'll use your blog to say this: Hope you will have many more happy blogging years!

4:12 PM  
Blogger frances said...

hi jaime,
thanks !! its my 24th bday & i spent it working out of town & w/o my bf!! good thing there's yong joon to keep me company ^^

*giggles*, my very very limited byj collection is safely tucked in my room beside my bed *blush*

9:18 AM  
Blogger frances said...

hello byjglobal,
this guy is just too irresitible for us to look at others :)

and the more we know about him, the more we love him...sighs...

9:21 AM  
Blogger mishio said...

Hi Frances!
Belated Birthday Greetings to a One-Track Mind Kinda Girl!! Hope your b/f has something nice in store for you.

Although I still watch other K-drama, I too now subscribe to "can or cannot blog" rule - Can blog when watching others, Absolutely/Positively Cannot blog when YJ is on the screen. Still dunno how this happened, maybe we're all just a bunch of crazies?

3:01 PM  
Blogger frances said...

hello mishio,
thanks!
another revelation from the one- track mind kinda gal :) - i listen to the ost of byj's dramas/films while at my work station, while driving around, while blogging, while surfing the net...and even while ironing my clothes...and hey, there's no need to dial 911 for dr. phil ^^

6:53 PM  
Blogger mishio said...

? no kidding? even when ironing?
hmmmm...wonder if you can call ironing fun now?

6:45 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

frances,

Belated Happy Birthday to you and may love continue to florish, more happiness and prosperity.

I'm one of those who can watch other korean dramas and movies especially if I read a good review about it or if trusted friends recommend it. In fact my movie collection is very diverse. I do marathon watching during week-ends and my family has gotten used to seeing me still wide awake at 3am watching them. So I can say this and that actor is really good or this and that movie/drama would have been great if only it was offered to our dear BYJ.

But BYJ has been a part of my life for more than two years. He's the sole reason why I got fascinated in everything korean. He will always remain on the top of my list and the respect and admiration I have for the MAN will remain even after he chooses to move on and explore other fields.

10:18 PM  
Blogger frances said...

mishio,
no kidding sis and ironing is still not fun and still one of those chores i would gladly not do ^^


hello marissa,
thanks sis and looks like you've been gone for quite sometime !

yup, i know that you're into k-dramas and a fan of another k singer/actor :)
it would also be nice to be able to watch and appreciate other k dramas w/o yong joon in it but alas, my sense of sight & hearing happen to look only for one face and one voice....

3:04 AM  
Blogger bb said...

frances frances...
is marissa into bi...? :p

6:23 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

bb,

Yes I'm also into Bi but I like him more as a singer. In fact I'm honest enough to admit I hated his last drama I stopped blogging about it after the 4th episode and stopped watching it after episode 10.

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

>