Wednesday, July 27, 2005

they're playing our song.....

i know this is kind of weird or something, but whenever i think of yong joon, a melody or lyrics of a song comes to my mind. how's that ?? yong joon = music to my ears?? yeah, you can say that again. i grew up in a family that loves music & old movies. my dad loves the songs of cole porter, ira/george gershwin, johnny mercer, ac jobim and a great fan of sinatra, nat king cole, nina simone, streisand and my mom loves to play the piano. i grew up hearing the songs of these great composers and singers and watching movies of gable, tracy, hepburn, bergman, bogart, grant, stewart. this kind of music was so ingrained in my upbringing that probably this is the reason why most of the time, when i see yong joon, i associate his aura, his moods, his looks to the songs i learned to love and grew up with.

alright, i also love the music of john myer, coldplay, dream theater & robbie williams but for me, hearing these old songs tend to give more meaning and magic to the things that i see around me and to the people i have learned to love. yong joon is one of the people i have learned to love and he brings out the music in my mind.

so i've decided that in some of my upcoming entries in this blog, i will start with the lyrics of a particular song that i feel has a special meaning to what i'm presently feeling towards yong joon. it may sound too corny or too mushy but hey, that's how i feel and there is nothing more honest than to express & say what you feel. so from hereon my dear yong joon, let's play our songs together....

>